Compass Group sought to transition from a successful claims-based, post-loss program to a pre-loss model that focused on the further reduction of workplace injuries and enhancement of a strong, organization-wide culture of safety.
With adaptable audit functionality, convenient online and mobile access, and company-specific branding of audit forms, Compass is now using Origami Risk to promote a safety culture that engages all of its companies’ associates rather than being enforced from the top down.
Compass Group used Origami Risk’s highly configurable audit tools to address several challenges they faced in using audits as part of a pre-loss, behavior-based approach:
- Accommodation of the various types of facilities in which Compass Group companies operate
- Development of question sets for each of industries serviced by Compass Group companies
- Consideration of the heavy workload of facility managers
- Integration of company-specific branding to promote audit adoption
- Weighted scoring to target specific safety issues at one or more locations