CHICAGO, November 15, 2021 – Origami Risk, the industry-leading risk, safety and insurance Software as a Service (SaaS) technology firm, was recognized for the safety and extended risk module capabilities of its environment, health and safety (EHS) solution in the Verdantix Ltd Buyers Guide: Safety Management Software (2021).
Among other factors, Origami was cited as a single platform for all EHS needs, which helps clients avoid multiple point solutions and allows later functionality expansion. Significantly, this marks the first time Origami’s safety and risk management capabilities have been included in the annual Verdantix guide, which states: “Using Origami’s single platform, safety leaders benefit from improved visibility of safety initiatives and the related impacts on incidents, injuries, hazards, risks, citations, litigations, and fines.”
“We’re pleased to see our EHS and risk management capabilities recognized in this prestigious guide, which is a valuable resource for safety professionals throughout the U.S., U.K. and worldwide,” said Sean Salvas, senior market strategy lead-EHS at Origami Risk. “Working closely with the growing number of safety professionals who use the Origami platform, our EHS team continues to build on existing functionality that helps clients perform responsibilities faster, more efficiently and with greater transparency as they drive continuous improvement and best practices in EHS and risk.”
Founded in 2007, Verdantix is an independent research and consulting firm, providing expert advice on innovation and technology issues to decision-makers in EHS, operations, engineering, maintenance, facilities and real estate. According to Verdantix, safety management involves six main areas of functionality:
- Incident management, encompassing capture of incidents and near misses, root-cause analysis, lessons learned, corrective actions and continuous improvement
- Risk management to identify and mitigate hazards and prioritize controls
- Safety program management, which includes communication through safety messages, meetings, objectives, BBS, JSAs and training
- Audits and inspections, involving documentation and document management for audit trails, which allows EHS teams to create questionnaires, generate reports, schedule audits or inspections, and manage follow-ups
- Business intelligence/analytics, including reporting, real-time dashboards, visualizations, and assessments of lagging and leading indicators
Origami’s platform has all the components of a comprehensive safety management system. The suite of EHS solutions includes dashboards and pre-configured online tools that help EHS and risk professionals in various industries speed enterprise-wide implementation of safety initiatives. Available via web and mobile, these tools facilitate timely and efficient incident investigations, internal and external reporting, safety auditing, inspections and monitoring, corrective action assessment and effectiveness, and regulatory compliance.
To download the free Verdantix Buyers Guide: Safety Management Software (2021) courtesy of Origami Risk, here.