By: Sean Salvas, Senior Market Strategy Lead — EHS
On behalf of Origami’s EHS team, I’m excited to announce the release of our health and safety management set of modules, visualized in the diagram below:
We built out these tools with the needs of safety, risk, and operations leaders in mind, to help:
- Reduce operational risk
- Improve safety culture and transparency
- Identify and communicate hazards before they occur
It’s this proactive mindset that includes training and hazard awareness, which helps teams reduce incidents and injuries, lower worker’s compensation costs, increase productivity, reduce operational risk, ensure compliance, and drive continuous improvement. Furthermore, having all these tools, along with our full EHS suite — consisting of incident management and investigations, audits, inspections, behavior-based safety (BBS) observations, and dashboards and reporting on a single, centralized web- and mobile-platform — means that everything safety can be managed in one place, reducing administrative burden.
“As part of their focus on building strong safety cultures and driving operational excellence, EHS professionals must lead and manage a wide range of routine safety initiatives involving personnel, materials handling, assets and equipment, operational risk, regulatory compliance, and communication and training methods. These new tools complement our existing resources and help EHS professionals perform many everyday responsibilities faster, more efficiently and with greater transparency to drive continuous improvement and best practices in the world of EHS and risk.”
The new functionality consists of:
- Ability to schedule and conduct safety meetings to enhance collaboration, communication, and transparency when discussing safety issues. We built out over 20 topics ranging from fire to forklift safety that can be auto-populated with content to guide meetings based on industry best practices.
- Technology to capture key job safety analysis (JSA) information, track job activities and processes, and identify inherent and residual risk levels to ensure proper training and job procedures. Risk can be ranked in order to prioritize JSAs for creation, updates, or review to ensure the resources are being dedicated to mitigating risks of the most hazardous jobs. We made the JSA solution highly auditable, with clear tracking of review and approval logs, which can help ensure proper regulatory compliance to avoid citations and damages and enhance hazard awareness and control methodologies in the field.
- Chemical management, including managing safety data sheet (SDS) documentation electronically to access the information from anywhere without the need for paper records.
- Tools to create, manage, and store lockout/tagout (LOTO) procedures in order to ensure proper control and isolation of hazardous energies and prevent accidental startup of a machine in a hazardous state.
All of these new tools are available on web and mobile and come equipped with robust dashboards and reporting to ensure proper visibility and transparency into these key safety initiatives.