Origami’s newest suite of online solutions are aimed at helping hospitals and healthcare systems manage issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
CHICAGO, April 14, 2020 – Origami Risk, the industry-leading risk, safety and insurance Software as a Service (SaaS) technology firm, today announced the introduction of four online solutions to help hospitals, healthcare systems, physician groups and other healthcare organizations manage the various challenges and elevated risks they face during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The new solutions, developed in conjunction with many of the firm’s U.S. hospital and healthcare clients, include:
- Incident and claim-related taxonomy and screens – Healthcare organizations must be able to rapidly capture and track COVID-19 data to make informed decisions and respond appropriately. This tool includes a mobile reporting feature and provides a data taxonomy that can be quickly implemented and deployed to front-line staff. They can then enter data accurately to augment an existing taxonomy or capture required information for new incident types. Staff can input COVID-19 diagnosis codes and other data elements to facilitate timely data collection and taxonomy for patients, employees, and visitors, as well as aggregated analysis of COVID-19 records and related reporting.
- GIS mapping overlays and data sets – Healthcare administrators can aggregate facility-specific data and combine them with external GIS-based COVID-19 infection trend information for on-demand analysis of current risks at individual facilities and across the enterprise. Individual locations can be mapped against COVID-19 data from Definitive Healthcare, CDC, WHO, Johns Hopkins University, and FEMA Disaster Declarations. At the same time, disease spread projections can be plotted against facility-specific beds, staffing, available and anticipated testing resources, equipment and supplies. Results can be shown on dashboards, reported and shared to help organizations manage their COVID-19 preparation, response and risk analysis.
- Audit assessments and surveys – Online assessment and survey tools add speed and precision for evaluating COVID-19 location preparedness, location-based infection control and staff impact. New assessments and surveys can be created quickly and deployed to location managers for timely response. Administrators and managers can leverage existing templates from CDC, OSHA, CMS and other organizations to check preparedness and patient load data against standards for infection control and prevention. Data can be aggregated on dashboards, distributed automatically to key leaders and facility staff, and displayed in presentations.
- PPE and fit test management – This tool centralizes and streamlines the often cumbersome processes of making sure proper PPEs are being used and of tracking employees fit tested for respirators/masks and other protections. Healthcare staff can readily identify employees with expired fit tests and track individual tests by make and model to ensure compliance and documentation. Staff can check fit test preferences and requirements against availability, manage and schedule fit tests while administering employee records, and adhere to OSHA guidelines and industry recommendations.
- Industry resources and links – Healthcare staff can continually monitor the changing COVID-19 response landscape and flag any potential impacts on internal policies or protocols. Related changes can be communicated through email notifications, dashboard-based announcements, and automated alerts and notifications. Staff can use the tools to build and maintain an online library to consolidate and share guidelines and recommendations from industry resources, such as OSHA, CMS, CDC, ASHRM, among others.
“These new tools supplement the extensive existing capabilities of Origami’s integrated healthcare risk management platform,” said Bill Schwacke, senior sales executive – Healthcare at Origami Risk. “For the past several years, a growing number of healthcare risk managers, executives, administrators, professionals and staff at all levels has been using the various tools and resources on Origami’s platform to support their efforts to elevate care, enhance quality, reduce risk and drive efficiencies across all areas of their enterprise. These new solutions are designed specifically to help them address issues arising from this pandemic.”
About Origami Risk
Origami Risk is a leading provider of integrated SaaS solutions for the risk, safety, and insurance industry — from insured corporate and public entities to brokers and risk consultants, insurers, third party claims administrators (TPAs), and risk pools. Highly configurable and completely scalable, Origami Risk delivers a full suite of risk management tools and insurance core system solutions from a secure, cloud-based platform accessible via web browser and mobile app. Visit origamirisk.com or contact Origami at firstname.lastname@example.org.